How to do in our residence & in the Porto-Vecchio area
Porto-Vecchio and its region
The salt city owes its name to the salt which was mined up until a few years ago and for centuries before that.
Porto-Vecchio was the town of cork but today it is the leading town for tourism.
The beaches are its best assets for this activity, said to be the most beautiful and extensive of the island.
The golf course, together with those at Santa Giulia and St Cyprien, is a feast for the eyes!
The old town of Porto-Vecchio offers a pretty view point from the ramparts of the citadel, the narrow alleyways, a square overlooked by a church and the very pretty Place du Patio with the former residence of the Genoese governor.
To see :
- Bavella of course, and its famous peaks, its trails.
- The bomb crater to the south of Bavella with its absolutely beautiful natural swimming pools.
- The lake l’Ospedale, the waterfall at Pisciu di Gallu
- And of course the beaches in the area, Palombagia, Santa Giulia, etc.
This Medieval city is one of the most beautiful jewels in the Mediterranean crown and is worth a trip just for itself. Perched on limestone its high ramparts face the waves of a powerful sea and look towards Sardinia, which is no more than 12 kilometres away.
It has winding alleyways, its harbour is shelter for numerous prestigious craft and you may glimpse some famous faces sitting nonchalantly at tables outside of bars and restaurants.
The straits of Bonifacio can be visited using the numerous passenger boats which depart every half hour for the caves and famous islands of Lavezzi.
To see :
- the town, its alleyways, churches, famous view points in the old town, the steps of Roy d’Aragon, the cliffs.
- the caves, the Lavezzi islands, the point at Sperone, Piantarella.
- three beautiful beaches including Sant’Amanza and its sublime gold course, Rondinara.
- the Pertusato lighthouse from which you can take the cliff path, breathtaking!
Sport / Leisure
A tennis court “Quick” is available, ask us for ratings.
A game park for children, a baby-foot and a ping-pong are in the residence.
Swimming pool is open everyday from 9am to 8pm
Browse internet with our free wifi.